Mail archive
acf

Re: [Acf] acf update for alpine 1.5.7

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:54:33 +0100

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:57:59 -0500
Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_nothome.org> wrote:

> busybox httpd in alpine 1.5.7 is severely brain-damaged.
> (I've never seen
> another web server work this badly - even the LEAF Shell driven httpd
> worked better than this.)

I think the busybox maintainer are not very familiar with cgi so I
think they would appreciate a patch, or at least some feedback about
whats wrong and why. (we can use mini_httpd meanwhile)

I would be happy to apply a patch on the busybox 1.4.1 version thats
found in alpine, but preferrible patches that are committed to busybox
svn.

> i've svn committed the acf .lsp changes necessary to get it to work.

I think it would be better to patch busybox. (fix things upstream if
possible)

> haserl 0.9.14 in 1.5.7 is brain-damaged. It tries to be smart and use
> ";" instead of "\n" to break inline commands. ";" doesn't always work
> in shell or lua - so we are going back to 0.9.13 behaviour. 0.9.15 is
> in the works and should be out in the next day or so.

Thats what developer releases are for, isnt it ;)

Thanks alot, Nathan. Very appreciated.

Natanael