Mail archive
acf

Re: [Acf] acf update for alpine 1.5.7

From: Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_nothome.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:10:08 -0500

Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:57:59 -0500
> Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_nothome.org> wrote:
>
>> busybox httpd in alpine 1.5.7 is severely brain-damaged.
>> (I've never seen
>> another web server work this badly - even the LEAF Shell driven httpd
>> worked better than this.)
>
> I think the busybox maintainer are not very familiar with cgi so I
> think they would appreciate a patch, or at least some feedback about
> whats wrong and why. (we can use mini_httpd meanwhile)
>
> I would be happy to apply a patch on the busybox 1.4.1 version thats
> found in alpine, but preferrible patches that are committed to busybox
> svn.

Having looked at the bb httpd sources (and the long history of bb
httpd...) I agree with Rob Landley that bb httpd should be abandoned
for a new codebase. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to rewrite it.

I don't think patching the existing httpd is the answer.

>> i've svn committed the acf .lsp changes necessary to get it to work.
>
> I think it would be better to patch busybox. (fix things upstream if
> possible)

I'll have to check on the current lsp's with mini_httpd anyway - it may
be smarter for use to use NPH (non-parsed-headers - busybox's new way of
doing things...) its on my todo list.

>> haserl 0.9.14 in 1.5.7 is brain-damaged. It tries to be smart and use
>> ";" instead of "\n" to break inline commands. ";" doesn't always work
>> in shell or lua - so we are going back to 0.9.13 behaviour. 0.9.15 is
>> in the works and should be out in the next day or so.
>
> Thats what developer releases are for, isnt it ;)

uh.. that's why I should release _rc's before posting to sourceforge. ;-)

> Thanks alot, Nathan. Very appreciated.

Thank you!