[Acf] restructured directories in svn
I have moved around the directories in svn.
Previously everytying was in svn://svn.alpinelinux.org/acf/trunk but now
is that directory gone. This global dir is now splitted into:
Before you you just checkout the files directly to /var/lib/acf
edit /etc/acf/acf.conf and then just point you http server
to /var/lib/acf/www and run from there.
Now you can check it out where ever you want, for example
~/proj/acf/core and from there run "make install"
This might seem cumbersome at first glance but I believe this has some
* diffrent people can work on different parts (currently core or
* We can provide a sane default config that will be installed in a
* We can easily build distribution source packages. I don't expect end
users appreciate to install things from svn. Run:
* we can easily create apk packages with
make install DESTDIR=/tmp/something
apk_create -s /tmp/something something.apk
* Developer will have the possibility (is forced?) to make sure the
source package always work.
* Developer can run several installs from different location with
different web servers (listening on different ports) at the same time.
I'm thinking that the developers can make a script to create a package
(maybe even apk package) and with a script build and install the package
the script finishes while developer change window and press F5 in web
browser. This way the develop will always see the exact same thing as
the enduser will get. Errors will be dected early instead of after a
Comments and questions are welcome.
Received on Fri Jul 27 2007 - 13:31:50 UTC