Mail archive
acf

[Acf] Updated version of shorewall

From: Mika Havela <mika.havela_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:00:26 +0100

Hi everybody!
acf-shorewall has now got a AdvancedConfiguration page.
This is actually a result of a misunderstanding.
I thought someone wanted this, so I started to make a draft... that
lead to a final product. So in the end it was a good idea anyway (if
you ask me).
Recent version of acf-shorewall only had a expert-tab that showed you
all existing configuration-files. You had to edit each file manually
and with no guidance.
But with the config-tab you can modify files that often is configured
in shorewall and you get guidance while doing this (e.g. when a
config-file has a field that requests some, already defined values -
like zones, then you get a combo-box with the existing zones and you
can't chose something that will brake the config). When editing a
config you also get a notice if you skip some fields that should be
filled in.
Beta-testers are needed.
Feel free to add you comments on what config-files should be
added/removed from the config-page. And feel free to send you comments
on whatever you think could be done in a better way.

The new version 'acf-shorewall-0.3.tar.bz2' is now uploaded on
dev.alpinelinux.org.
The version is also obtained through svn. 'svn co
svn://svn.alpinelinux.org/acf/shorewall/trunk'

<<mhavela>>