Mail archive
acf

Re: [Acf] Fixed submenus for ACF

From: nathan angelacos <nangel_at_nothome.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 14:09:47 -0400

Mika,

> I feel sorry to step into your work (because your doing good), but I
> really wanted to make the new release... and that's why I
> changed/modified your code (sorry about that).
> But things should work now.

Don't feel sorry. Thank you very much for making it work.

> * The /roles file is not that easy to administer. (IMHO it would be a
> good idea to change lib/roles.lua to read the roles from the *.menu
> files instead) (I have not touched lib/roles.lua)

No, the current roles file is just temporary scaffolding. But it should
not be moved to the menu file.

The menu file is "presentation" only. The "menu" is part of the view.
The roles are part of the security.

For example, it is possible to have actions for which there is no "menu"
item. but that doesn't mean they aren't valid actions. That's why the
role has to be separate.

But you are correct - the current "roles" file is not what we want.