Mail archive
acf

[acf] Preparing new release on ACF's

From: Mika Havela <mika.havela_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:15:57 +0200

Hi Ted.
I'm about to prepare new releases on ACF's (ncopa is about to make a new
Alpine release).
So I had a look at what acf-packages should be updated.
Here are some notes while doing the checks.

acf-chrony has been changed to "use new libraries and standard lsp files."
Seems it does no longer have start|stop|restart capabilities.

acf-dansguardian (Advanced tab) breaks when dansguardian is not installed
(but I guess this is not prio because if you have acf-dansguardian, you
should also have dansguardian itself).

acf-devtools: Good catch. Good thing to change it to not rely on acf-core
when the code could be reduced by using standard lua functions!

acf-snort is changed (have not checked how). Just want to know if you have
tested so that the test-results still show?
I noticed that start|stop|restart has disappeared from acf-snort. Could you
please restore that so we can start/stop the process.

acf-ipsec-tools lost all status information during last update.
Are you planning to reinsert that?

acf-shorewall: Seems to be broken in various ways. Could you please check it
up. (I see that your still working on it so I guess it's too early to make a
release of it)

Thanks for your hard work on the acf's.
I hope I will get time/chance soon to help you more than I done lately.

---
Final notes:
When looking at above notes, now that I gone through it all... it seems we
need to wait with making new acf-releases for now.
Because if we make new releases of some acf's, then we probably need to make
a new release of acf-core too.
And if we make new release of acf-core, then we probably need to make new
release on all other acf's too.
And now that some packages are still 'work in progress' then we would be
forced to ship next alpine-release with broken acf's (unless we can fix
everything that's broken at this moment, before doing the release).
So ether we ship new release on all acf's that has changes since last
release, or we wait with shipping new releases until we have a
stable/working copy of all acf's.
I would suggest that we wait with shipping new release of acf's until we
have all acf's working again.
What do you think?
To this mail I'm adding diffstat on what's been changed since last time we
did a release.
<<mhavela>>
This is what I have right now (At revision 1487):
 Makefile                                 |   35 -
 acfupdate-model.lua                      |    6
 app/filedetails-html.lsp                 |    1
 bgp-model.lua                            |   53 +
 chrony-controller.lua                    |  114 ---
 chrony-expert-html.lsp                   |   59 -
 chrony-logfile-html.lsp                  |   32 -
 chrony-model.lua                         |  154 -----
 chrony-startstop-html.lsp                |    1
 chrony-status-html.lsp                   |   29
 chrony-time-html.lsp                     |   17
 chrony.menu                              |    2
 chrony.roles                             |    4
 config.mk                                |    1
 dansguardian-advanced-html.lsp           |   46 -
 dansguardian-category-html.lsp           |   56 -
 dansguardian-controller.lua              |  118 ---
 dansguardian-edit-html.lsp               |   19
 dansguardian-editcategories-html.lsp     |   98 ---
 dansguardian-expert-html.lsp             |    1
 dansguardian-general-html.lsp            |   40 -
 dansguardian-html.lsp                    |   34 +
 dansguardian-model.lua                   |  350 +++--------
 dansguardian.menu                        |    5
 dansguardian.roles                       |    2
 gnats-editpr-html.lsp                    |    7
 gnats-query-html.lsp                     |   23
 gnats-queryresult-html.lsp               |    7
 gnats-report-html.lsp                    |   13
 gnats.roles                              |    2
 health-model.lua                         |   25
 ipsectools-controller.lua                |  111 ---
 ipsectools-details-html.lsp              |   41 +
 ipsectools-editipsec-html.lsp            |    1
 ipsectools-editracoon-html.lsp           |    1
 ipsectools-expert-html.lsp               |   70 --
 ipsectools-logfile-html.lsp              |   32 -
 ipsectools-model.lua                     |  195 +-----
 ipsectools-startstop-html.lsp            |    1
 ipsectools-status-html.lsp               |   45 -
 ipsectools.menu                          |    2
 ipsectools.roles                         |    4
 lib/format.lua                           |  286 ++++++---
 lib/modelfunctions.lua                   |    1
 logfiles-controller.lua                  |    4
 logfiles-model.lua                       |   22
 logfiles-tail-html.lsp                   |    5
 logfiles-view-html.lsp                   |    1
 opennhrp-model.lua                       |   62 --
 opennhrp-show-html.lsp                   |   44 +
 shorewall-check-html.lsp                 |   38 -
 shorewall-config-html.lsp                |    2
 shorewall-controller.lua                 |  149 +---
 shorewall-details-html.lsp               |   19
 shorewall-edit-html.lsp                  |   53 -
 shorewall-expert-html.lsp                |   35 -
 shorewall-listfiles-html.lsp             |   45 +
 shorewall-logfile-html.lsp               |   21
 shorewall-model.lua                      |  261 ++------
 shorewall-startstop-html.lsp             |   27
 shorewall-status-html.lsp                |   24
 shorewall-statusbasic-html.lsp           |   17
 shorewall.menu                           |    5
 shorewall.roles                          |    4
 snort-controller.lua                     |  110 ---
 snort-details-html.lsp                   |   37 +
 snort-expert-html.lsp                    |   58 -
 snort-model.lua                          |  188 +-----
 snort-startstop-html.lsp                 |    1
 snort-status-html.lsp                    |   51 -
 snort.menu                               |    2
 snort.roles                              |    4
 squid-authentication-html.lsp            |   85 --
 squid-basic-html.lsp                     |   91 --
 squid-config-html.lsp                    |   10
 squid-controller.lua                     |  107 ---
 squid-dep-html.lsp                       |   16
 squid-digest-html.lsp                    |   36 -
 squid-model.lua                          |  945
 squid.conf.template                      |  111 ---
 squid.menu                               |    6
 squid.roles                              |    2
 zebra-controller.lua                     |    4
 zebra-details-html.lsp                   |   15
 zebra-model.lua                          |   54 +
 zebra-welcome-html.lsp                   |   10
 zebra.menu                               |    2
 zebra.roles                              |    2