[acf] Update to ACF libraries
I just got through with a major review / update of the ACF libraries over the last two weeks. I made a bunch of changes to better organize the code, fix some lingering problems, remove unused code, and clean up some style differences. Nathan had asked me to clean up the libraries several months ago, and I finally got around to it now that most of the ACFs have been updated.
The major changes to the libraries meant a lot of changes throughout the ACF tree to correspond. That means many ACF packages will change in this next release. Hopefully I didn't break anything. :) And I know I found and fixed a few bugs along the way.
I'm sorry about the confusion and any trouble these changes made. But, things should settle down now.
The only library change I wanted and was unable to make was removing the displayinfo and displaymanagement functions from viewfunctions.lua. These are still used by gnats, which I have not gotten around to updating. Please don't use these functions anywhere else, as I still intend to remove them (they've been replaced by displayitem, displayformitem, and displayform).
I'm also planning on adding some rc_add/delete/status code and modifying the status-html file to use it. But, this should work without modifications to any other ACF.
So, if you were working on or planning to work on any ACF code, things should be more stable now. Please look at some of the more recently updated packages to get an idea of how the new library changes can be used. And please feel free to ask questions. If I've made some changes that don't make sense to you, let me know.
Keep up the good work.
Received on Tue Oct 07 2008 - 11:21:13 UTC