Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] Feature request setup-alpine-web and setup-webconf

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:10:50 +0100

On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 13:47 +0100, CL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a feature request for the setup-alpine-web and
> setup-alpine-webconf scripts:
>
> It should prompt for administrator password at setup, and not use a
> standard password. Using a standard password can be a major security
> issue.
>
> If prompting for password is not an option, I suggest it forces you to
> change password on first logon or gives you a random password.

setup-alpine-web sets up a dhcp server on all interfaces found, and then
fire up ACF. You connect with laptop with crossover cable on any
interface and come to a wizard that lets you configure you alpine.

I think its ok that you get the first boot web without password.

Unfortunally ACF have no such generic wizard. (I know an internal
prjoect that has though. might be we can get that code out to public)

generic headless setup of alpine is something I'd love to see.