Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] ZTE MF636 (Rogers Rocket Stick)

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:04:01 +0200

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Trevor Howe <tahowe256201_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used Alpine with the Rogers Rocket Stick? It is made by ZTE and
> is the MF636.  I am trying to get my ducks in a row before the stick arrives
> later this week as I have to get all my files while at work as I currently
> have no internet at home and my home computers do not run Windows so I do
> not have a computer I can just plug it into and it will work.

I dont know really, but it looks like it is possible to get it up as a
usb modem.

Maybe this can be of some help:
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/Using_HSDPA_modem

(it written for alpine-1.7 and things have changed since then)

> Thanks for any help,
>
> Trevor

Would be nice if you could write a short howto on the wiki when you
get it working ;)

Thanks!
--
Natanael Copa