Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] Architecture of ACF and example

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:41:25 -0700 (PDT)

There is a doc at http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/wiki/ACF_core_principlesthat
describes the cfe. Of course, the doc hasn't been updated since 2008.

The cfe is designed so we have a standard data structure for passing things
around. The type field was designed to match (pretty closely) to HTML input
types, so it's a pretty easy transition from cfe to HTML.

Most examples in ACF display forms, but a few will just display cfe values (for
example, take a look at /usr/share/acf/app/status-html.lsp). The
viewfunctions.lua file contains the view helper code to display forms and
non-form cfes. It's located at /usr/share/acf/lib/viewfunctions.lua. Also,
/usr/share/lua/5.1/html.lua contains the code that generates the HTML.

Hope that information helps.

Ted Trask