Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] Grouping of forms

From: Jerry Jacobs <xor.gate.engineering_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 10:04:50 +0200

Hi Nathan,

On 5/19/11 6:05 AM, Nathan Angelacos wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>

> On 05/15/2011 06:11 AM, Jerry Jacobs wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I want to create a view which has two or more forms that it displays
>> (two file contents). I know how to create a cfe, but I get lost how to
>> access them.
>>
>> For example:
>>
>> I have two files: csf.allow csf.deny
>>
>> I want to give them the variable names allowlist and denylist, and place
>> the content in a form type. Then combine these two in a group and use
>> them in the view.
>>
>> Maybe I'm mixing things and looking in the wrong direction to solve this
>> issue.
>>

> I got lost where you asked about "two or more forms"; but.. if I
> understand correctly...

<--- SNIP --->

I meant it like this:

> --begin html form---
>
> [ textarea with contents of csf.allow ]
>
> [submit button]
> -- end html form ---
>
> --begin html form---
>
> [ textarea with contents of csf.deny ]
>
> [submit button] [flush button]
> -- end html form ---

So I have for every file a separated form, some files can be flushed
with the csf commandline tool. And some files can only be edited by hand.

The ACF app I am writing is a frontend for the Config Server Firewall
(which is a advanced and easy perl frontend to IPtables).

Kind regards,
Jerry Jacobs