Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] Grouping of forms

From: Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy_at_thomersonfamily.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 07:59:50 -0400

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 4:04 AM, Jerry Jacobs <
xor.gate.engineering_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I meant it like this:
>
> --begin html form---
>>
>> [ textarea with contents of csf.allow ]
>>
>> [submit button]
>> -- end html form ---
>>
>> --begin html form---
>>
>> [ textarea with contents of csf.deny ]
>>
>> [submit button] [flush button]
>> -- end html form ---
>>

> So I have for every file a separated form, some files can be flushed with
> the csf commandline tool. And some files can only be edited by hand.

The problem with using two forms like that is this;

1 - I come to your page and edit something in the top box.
2 - I realize that I also need to edit something in the bottom box, so I do
that.
3 - I hit submit.
4 - Only one set of data (either top or bottom depending on which submit
button I hit) gets submitted by the browser, so my other changes are lost.

That's more of a general UI problem than an Alpine one - you may still
decide to use two forms. I just wanted to throw that in the mix for
consideration.

Jeremy