Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] the cli

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 15:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

The acf cli was and is an afterthought, unfortunately. The cli was there (and not working) when I inherited the project. I at least made it kind of work, because I needed to script some actions, but it's definitely not ready for prime time.   Take a look at some of the tickets created for ACF feature requests and you'll get an idea of the work involved in creating a real acf_cli application. Parts of the code will need to be refactored to remove the HTML-specific code. I would like the mvc.lua code to be loadable by any lua code to use ACF, but it's configured to output things to stdout. The cli app does not have the ability to use the views, and only outputs serialized lua structures. As I said, there's a lot of work.   Ted   From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> To: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> Cc: acf_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:13 PM Subject: Re: [acf] the cli On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 19:10:25 +0200 Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote: > Hi, > > I started look a bit on the ACF CLI since I think we should rewrite > the setup-* script to use the ACFramework. > > But... > > Why is cli installed in www/cgi-bin? > > I kinda expecetd a cli be available from the cli (i.e beeing > installed in $PATH some place like /usr/bin). What am I missing? Also, why is it installed with the permissions 700? Are regular users not supposed to check free memory, and other stuff? -nc --- Unsubscribe:  acf+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org Help:        acf+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org ---