Mail archive
acf

[acf] forms and jquery

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:38:48 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to create some form validation via jquery in ACF but
discovered that forms are generated by some displayform*()
viewfunctions.

I am a bit confused here.

How can I add for example an id to a form <form id="myform" ...>
without re programming the entire framework?

What would be the preferred way to do jquery form validation? (so users
does not need post the form if form data does not meet given
restrictions, for example text input field with integer only)

Is not the entire point with MVC to separate code from layout, so
layout people does not need code if they want change the layout?

I have a feeling I am missing something fundamental here...