Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] forms and jquery

From: Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 08:54:26 -0500

See below

Ted

On Mar 8, 2012, at 3:38 PM, Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 09:48:49 -0500
> Ted Trask <ttrask01_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> How can I add for example an id to a form <form id="myform" ...>
>>> without re programming the entire framework?
>>>
>> Why would you need to add an element that the action is not going to
>> know about?
>
> I wanted to add 'id' to the form so I can reference to if from
> javascript. Can be nice if you want mark fields red before the post.

Sorry, misread that you wanted to add a new element.

My comments from before still stand. The easy way is to modify the CFE to add form.value.[element].id = id before the CFE is displayed with the helper function. The other way would be to display the form without the helper function, or using lower-level functions and displaying the portion you want with custom code.