Mail archive
acf

Re: [acf] Ideas for a new config framework, ACF2

From: Jerry Jacobs <xor.gate.engineering_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:52:37 +0100

Hi Guys,

As i'm mostly a debian user I still like the ACF framework and kind of
works on debian. I created some modules for it (apache2, paco, dpkg,
git) and was not that hard. It would be nice to see the ACF2 framework
also not to distro-centric where possible. Of course Alpine has a
lightweight philosophy. Maybe you could consider like before a
"baselayout" which is distro-centric. Then people can branch this repo
and create there own.

When the framework is rewritten it should be as pluggable as possible
and with documentation and examples which is currently missing.

There is also another nice javascript project:
http://silkjs.net and another Lua-like (based) lightweight programming
language http://www.squirrel-lang.org which could be considered.

Kind regards,
Jerry