Alpine 3.3.0 released
We are pleased to announce Alpine Linux 3.3.0, the first release in v3.3
The ISO images have been renamed. Current images are now:
- *alpine* (previously 'alpine-mini'). Minimalisitic boot media for network access.
- *alpine-vanilla* (same as before). Same as 'alpine' but with vanilla kernel.
- *alpine-extended* (previously 'alpine'). Same as 'alpine' but with slightly more packages available in the repository. Handy where network access is limited.
- *alpine-xen* (same as before). Boot media for Xen Dom 0.
- *alpine-rpi* (same as before).
- *alpine-uboot* (same as before). General ARM image.
Some of the new features are:
- linux 4.1 kernel
- gcc 5.3.0 / musl 1.1.12
- New repository named [community](https://pkgs.alpinelinux.org/packages?repo=community
- mariadb 10.1
- Xen 4.6
- perl 5.22
- isohybrid boot images
- refactored initramfs. `alpine_dev` boot option no longer needed and
better support for cryptroot, lvm, mdadm.
Some of the desktop applications that got upgraded and are available for v3.3:
- evince 3.18
- libreoffice 5.0
- Mate desktop 1.12
- qt5 5.5
The full list of changes can be found in the
I would like to express my appreciation for all the bugs filed, the
patches sent, the wiki articles written, the monetary contributions
and the moral support for making this release possible. It would never
been possible without all this. Many thanks!
Received on Sat Dec 19 2015 - 19:58:36 GMT