Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] Firefox 35.0 in edge missing fonts

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:13:02 -0800

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 12:32:08PM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Jan 2015 17:49:32 -0800
> Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Firefox 35.0 in edge has no text showing up in the search/url bar,
> > dropdowns, menus, or toolbars.
> >
> > $ apk info |grep ttf
> > ttf-linux-libertine
> > ttf-freefont
> > ttf-liberation
> >
> > $ firefox -v
> > Mozilla Firefox 35.0
> >
> > Screenshot attached.
> >
> > I don't know what the cause is.
>
> What happens if you add ttf-dejavu?
>
> It works here and I have:
>
> $ apk info | grep ttf-
> ttf-dejavu
> ttf-liberation
> ttf-freefont

Thanks for the suggestion, but that makes no difference.

I've heard of similar issues being caused by drivers that don't work
right with a particular toolkit in the past; I've got i945 graphics.
However, galculator (also gtk 2) doesn't have this issue.
I'm not aware of anything I can use to check if it's xulrunner in general,
but can't think of a reason why it would be.

My .gtkrc-2.0 contains only this line:
gtk-cursor-blink = 0

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham