Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] Firefox 35.0 in edge missing fonts

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 22:15:39 -0800

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:00:57AM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 09:29:48 -0800
> Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 02:56:28PM +0100, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > > On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:13:02 -0800
> > > Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > > > I've heard of similar issues being caused by drivers that don't work
> > > > right with a particular toolkit in the past; I've got i945 graphics.
> > > > However, galculator (also gtk 2) doesn't have this issue.
> > > > I'm not aware of anything I can use to check if it's xulrunner in general,
> > > > but can't think of a reason why it would be.
> > >
> > > It happens on my 86 netbook too.
> > >
> > > Seems like this is an issue that affects 32 bit and it happens with
> > > firefox-31.4.0 too.
> > >
> > > Do you have any idea around what time it was introduced?
> >
> > I'm not sure.
> > I reported it the day after I found it, but I'd gotten behind on updates...
> > within the last two weeks, I *think* (and certainly not more than 4 weeks).
> >
> > I presume that said netbook is also Atom-based?
>
> correct. Atom N570.
>
> I tested to roll back to v3.1 and there it works just fine. So
> something has happened the last 4 weeks that breaks font rendering on
> x86.
>
> This is the git log of the firefox dependency chain since 1 jan 2015:
>
> 4f883135004a3c584b2a9c05f5631875fd56c730 main/libdrm: upgrade to 2.4.59
> 117451da4a51fb4127e04ef17cc3cb1376c4bfcf main/sqlite: upgrade to 3.8.8.1
> 824111b465d20b5a16b45937c46e522f71ed1db9 main/bison: upgrade to 3.0.3
> 804229e60bab38da5498c95aae5721407421fa4a main/openssl: upgrade to 1.0.1l
> b42a6d851aa51f9798a574da0bb16dde0f006289 main/libjpeg-turbo: upgrade to 1.4.0
> d9a67ed0d4e40377586984b295883e767aa952cf main/llvm: upgrade to 3.5.1
> 23599729fc7d52d09510079b7ae6402da8388b68 main/firefox: upgrade to 31.4.0
> 96a641e14396f3ce136ddf81ce3a49508e297bb7 main/firefox: bsd-compat-headers build fix
> 2f3761dd7844610b10d944820a254e790cdc9f55 main/musl: upgrade to 1.1.6
> 9ce2af228e84ca9d75658fc8d2d51141a9d94983 main/mesa: upgrade to 10.4.2
> 3caa83ba81c5ac52f3e9790a75bc5b46568559a2 main/gtk+3.0: upgrade to 3.14.7
> 4e1c26859bba2d225feb0f22de9b90e624a795ba main/dbus: upgrade to 1.8.14
> b09babb325a8060ef364573c641d895ae66221b1 main/bash: upgrade to 4.3.33
> 26dd384585d2182a35bd9450091726b6472b3b24 main/openssl: security upgrade to 1.0.1k
> ed1246330575fabdb8aabc9f3d9cd40a47e1b177 Revert "main/openssl: upgrade to 1.0.1k"
> 9bb63edbc546e6253578e5050132c62839e84dff main/openssl: upgrade to 1.0.1k
> 99fc0aafe050da949421bbf4b61420f0b2b81d7f main/libffi: upgrade to 3.2.1
> 567d7024879a76137f028b7b5cd483c72de5bf76 main/gtk-doc: upgrade to 1.21
> 432afa09cf48f5e442c07ccaac65bd21989357aa main/xproto: upgrade to 7.0.27
> c610663a741e45f88e4c45b5b65b73d9160ba62c main/automake: upgrade to 1.15
> 3ed44cc6e98ae0221e6fc73045a230b0d3b8ced8 main/doxygen: upgrade to 1.8.9.1
> 560cec31de32d6f9000efdee3fb3be27094a3abb main/freetype: upgrade to 2.5.5
> a96d4f6959988790bf594ca8982dd73a2278a529 main/mesa: upgrade to 10.4.1
> 1b1758ebfd015a68627e333d5a885ebb6f933695 main/doxygen: upgrade to 1.8.9

It's not libdrm: timing's wrong, and a manual downgrade doesn't solve it.

I'm getting Firefox 35 built with gtk2, not gtk3; that hasn't been
updated this year.
automake, bash, and doxygen aren't it.
openssl is almost certainly irrelevant.
I *think* the dbus upgrade was before it became an issue; mesa might be
the problem.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham


---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-aports+unsubscribe_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
Help:         alpine-aports+help_at_lists.alpinelinux.org
---
Received on Tue Jan 27 2015 - 22:15:39 GMT