Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] Packaging erlang and ejabberd

From: Marlus Saraiva <marlus.saraiva_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 22:30:57 -0300

> On gio, 2015-02-19 at 10:31 -0500, John Regan wrote:
> > Hi all -
> >
> > I saw that erlang and ejabberd were unmaintained packages and
> > thought I could try packaging them up again.
> >
> > I tried splitting erlang into subpackages similar to how Fedora does
> > it, and I'm pretty sure I've got the right required packages
> > for ejabberd. I hope this is helpful!
> >

> How nice and useful!
>
> Both patches applied.
>
> Hi,

It's really nice to have an Erlang package. The packages work great when I
compile, install and use them locally, but when I try to run "apk add
erlang" adding "http://dl-4.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/" to the
list of repositories, it complains about unsatisfiable constraints (i.e.,
erlang-kernel, erlang-stdlib and erlang-compiler). I double checked the
list of packages in that repository and I could only find 'erlang' and
'erlang-dev'. Why are the other sub packages missing?

Thanks!
Marlus