Mail archive
alpine-aports

[alpine-aports] Re: alpine linux + texlive

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:25:43 -0700

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 10:37:07AM -0300, Isadora Souza wrote:
> Hello Isaac.
> I need texlive on a daily basis because I'm writing my masters thesis.
> I'm now using alpine linux but I have the same bug I found here:
> http://bugs.alpinelinux.org/issues/4514
> Would you be kind enough to look into the issue? I found your email
> from the website where you were listed as a dev.
> Thanks a lot, I really need this.

(CC'ing the contributor and the aports mailing list.)

I've never used TeX, so I'm not really the best person to ask; and I
don't think I could test a fix for the build script, given how large
TeXlive is.

But the BLFS archives, particularly this post:
http://osdir.com/ml/blfs-dev/2015-06/msg00062.html

point at this modification to the install script:

https://github.com/elkrejzi/system-management/blob/master/buildscripts/buildtexlive#L52

as being necessary.
Untested patch (against aports)attached.

Alternately,
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.live/36858
says:
 Nobody ever said that the texlive-20150521-source is enough to get a
 running/working system. You need the Master/texmf-dist tree, also in svn.

 There you find
        Master/texmf-dist/scripts/texlive/mktexlsr.pl
 I repeat: Taking the source.tar.gz, compiling, and using the inst
 directory will *NOT* give you a working TeX system. The source tar is
 only used for building the binaries *to*be*dropped* into Master/bin/‚ȧARCH>/

HTH,
Isaac Dunham