Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] main/busybox: split package into core and suid

From: Christian Kampka <christian_at_kampka.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 14:48:23 +0100

Hi,

> I think, split bbsuid to separate package and adding it as a dependency
> to alpine-base should work.

> Or am I missing something?

Actually, I was under the assumption that no bbsuid meant no su,ping,passwd,etc. symlinks either,
but I somehow missed the fact that busybox will of course create those without suid bit.

That said, I agree that having just busybox and busybox-suid would be the best way to proceed.
I have reworked the patch accordingly.

Cheers,
Christian