Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports]

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:28:54 -0800

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:50:37AM +0000, Corentin Henry wrote:
> hi,
>
> hping3 is a network tool able to send custom TCP/IP packets and to display
> target replies like ping do with ICMP replies. hping3 can handle fragmentation,
> and almost arbitrary packet size and content, using the command line interface.
>
> this package builds hping with tcl scripting support.
>
> let me know if there is anything to change, I'm not used yet to packaging.

Looks like a typo in package() (hpin3 should presumably be hping3).

Quote $subpkgdir and $pkgdir ("$subpkgdir").

Send it all as one patch.
New APKBUILDS should be buildable from the start; creating a series of
patches like this:
1/4: add APKBUILD (references 1-foo.patch, 2-bar.patch, 3-baz.patch)
2/4: add 1-foo.patch
3/4: add 2-bar.patch
4/4: add 3-baz.patch

is needlessly cluttered, and likely to break autobuild scripts.
If you refer to a local source file, you should add it, the checksums,
and the reference in one commit.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham