Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] main/libspf2: 'spfquery' binary moved to -query subpackage, other binary examples are removed

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:29:41 +0200

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 13:15:30 +0200
Valery Kartel <valery.kartel_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> It does not compile with --disable-static, because *_static binaties
> are compiled automatically. So we just delete /usr/bin folder after
> moving spfquery to subpackage.

Ok.

> And about spfd: it's an example code, A brief description from spfd.c:
> * This program is really a badly smashed together copy of spfquery.c
> and
> * the public domain "helloserver" example daemon.
> *
> * Implements a skeleton of a single process iterative server
> * daemon.
>
> Patch remained unchanged, so you can take it as is.

But I want to keep spfd. It's standard interface. There's several
implementations but the "badly smashed together copy" outperforms the
perl and python alternatives.

Perhaps make it -tools subpackage and put both spfd and spfdquery into
it?

If there's name conflict, you can rename it to spfd.libspf2 or similar.

Thanks,
Timo