Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports]

From: Timo Teras <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 11:40:07 +0200

On Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:28:54 -0800
Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:50:37AM +0000, Corentin Henry wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > hping3 is a network tool able to send custom TCP/IP packets and to
> > display target replies like ping do with ICMP replies. hping3 can
> > handle fragmentation, and almost arbitrary packet size and content,
> > using the command line interface.
> >
> > this package builds hping with tcl scripting support.
> >
> > let me know if there is anything to change, I'm not used yet to
> > packaging.
>
> Looks like a typo in package() (hpin3 should presumably be hping3).
>
> Quote $subpkgdir and $pkgdir ("$subpkgdir").
>
> Send it all as one patch.
> New APKBUILDS should be buildable from the start; creating a series of
> patches like this:
> 1/4: add APKBUILD (references 1-foo.patch, 2-bar.patch, 3-baz.patch)
> 2/4: add 1-foo.patch
> 3/4: add 2-bar.patch
> 4/4: add 3-baz.patch
>
> is needlessly cluttered, and likely to break autobuild scripts.
> If you refer to a local source file, you should add it, the checksums,
> and the reference in one commit.

Yes, please flatten it all to one commit.

Additionally, you can look how to do github commitid based packaging.
See. e.g. main/bmd-tools for this:
http://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/bmd-tools/APKBUILD

I believe the compression of manpages happens now automatic, so the
explicit gzip should not be needed in doc(). Well, you'd probably need
to install the .doc files before calling default_doc.

There was also few whitespace mismatches (tabs vs. spaces).

But other than these nitpicks on formatting, it looks good.

Please resubmit with fixes!

Thanks,
Timo