Mail archive
alpine-aports

[alpine-aports] I will be temporarily unable to maintain packages this summer

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:01:03 -0700

Hello,
This summer (starting mid-May or so), I probably won't be able to
contribute to Alpine.

I currently maintain the following packages:
motif xpdf ted
tk openblas py-tkinter py-cycler py-matplotlib py-scipy
sword biblesync xiphos
gifsicle
heirloom-mailx
icewm
brlaser
mdev-like-a-boss
otter-browser
I also contributed the hdf5, harminv, meep, and related packages.

Of these, otter-browser should probably go in unmaintained anyway;
openblas and the python packages are frequently used;
and the remainder are updated at relatively low frequency (sword and
xiphos being the most frequent, at roughly 1-2 times per year).

I should be able to pick up at least some of these in the fall.

Long explanation: I'll be busy making hay, running a steamer-baler
near Alturas.
The schedule is sunset till the dew's too heavy, and sunrise till the
temperature hits about 100 (F, not C); this works out to 12-14 hours a
day, every day, until the rain starts falling. That ends somewhere
around mid-October.

Thanks,
Isaac Dunham