Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] I will be temporarily unable to maintain packages this summer

From: Natanael Copa <ncopa_at_alpinelinux.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 19:45:58 +0200

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 18:01:03 -0700
Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> This summer (starting mid-May or so), I probably won't be able to
> contribute to Alpine.
>
> I currently maintain the following packages:
> motif xpdf ted
> tk openblas py-tkinter py-cycler py-matplotlib py-scipy
> sword biblesync xiphos
> gifsicle
> heirloom-mailx
> icewm
> brlaser
> mdev-like-a-boss
> otter-browser
> I also contributed the hdf5, harminv, meep, and related packages.
>
> Of these, otter-browser should probably go in unmaintained anyway;
> openblas and the python packages are frequently used;
> and the remainder are updated at relatively low frequency (sword and
> xiphos being the most frequent, at roughly 1-2 times per year).
>
> I should be able to pick up at least some of these in the fall.

Thank you for letting us know. We will try look after them meanwhile.

While at it, xiphos has a build time dependency of webkitgtk-dev. Could
you check if there are some way to replace that with webkit2gtk?
(webkit2, api 4.0). If not possible, is upstream working on it?

I'd like to get rid of webkitgtk, but evolution, geary, handbreak and
xiphos still needs it.

> Long explanation: I'll be busy making hay, running a steamer-baler
> near Alturas.
> The schedule is sunset till the dew's too heavy, and sunrise till the
> temperature hits about 100 (F, not C); this works out to 12-14 hours a
> day, every day, until the rain starts falling. That ends somewhere
> around mid-October.

Sounds fun!

I hope you come back in the fall