Mail archive
alpine-aports

[alpine-aports] Bug in ltrace/i386 (or linux-headers?)

From: Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 08:11:49 -0700

Hello,
ltrace is supposed to be an strace equivalent, except it should show
functions called instead of syscalls.
Running it on my i386 system (Atom N270, running linux-vanilla 4.4.8,
alpine edge, a few days out of date), it apparently no longer picks up any
functions called.
Testcase:
$ echo "foo" |ltrace /bin/cat
foo
+++ exited (status 0) +++

cat is busybox cat (shared/stripped).

Looking at the log, the differences I see are:
-at one point, the upstream source was redirected, and had a new checksum
-it was rebuilt
-a linux-headers dependency was added

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks,