Mail archive
alpine-aports

Re: [alpine-aports] testing/firehol: new aport

From: Jonny Tyers <jtyers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:48:23 +0000

Hi Leo, since I didn't get a response on this submission I assumed that I
was following old build instructions and that I'd need to resubmit [this is
my first package].

I've therefore put together another patch containing *only* iprange, not
firehol, and submitted a pull request via github according to the
instructions I've since found on there. I excluded firehol as this is my
first package and it looked like it would be a complex one to put together
and get right, so going through the process with just iprange, which is
much simpler, seemed the best option.

Once the iprange pull request is accepted and makes it into testing I
intend to put togeher another patch for firehol and submit that seperately.

I think we can therefore ignore the patch in this email entirely as the
pull requests effectively supercede it.

Jonny

On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 at 10:34 Leonardo Arena <rnalrd_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On lun, 2016-08-22 at 17:17 +0100, Jonathan Tyers wrote:
> > The attached includes two new packages, firehol (excluding fireqos,
> > vnetbuild) and iprange, which is a firehol dependency.
> > testing/firehol: new aport
> >
> > http://www.firehol.org/
> > simple yet powerful firewall
> >
> > testing/iprange: new aport
> >
> > http://www.firehol.org/
> > supporting tools for firehol package
> >

> iprange patch is missing, hence firehol can't be built.
>
> Thanks
>
> |_eo

Jonny Tyers