~alpine/aports

1

[alpine-aports] Issue on node: alpine package

Roni Colling <roni.c.dev@gmail.com>
<BD6B06F7-35E2-4CC6-BB13-AD9A89751320@gmail.com>
There has been an update to the libcrypto package, now at version 1.1.  Have tried to include this in my .gitlab-ci.yml thus:

apk add --no-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/ libcrypto1.1

Trying to use openssl-dev package but this is including libcrypto1.0, colleague has explained this is causing a breaking change.

As a result our pipeline build stage is failing with:

$ apk add --no-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/ libcrypto
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
  libcrypto (missing):
    required by: world[libcrypto]

Can you please address and/or advise how to address the missing packages?

My Github username is roni3103, I couldn’t see anywhere on your GitHub page to raise this as an issue.  If you need more information please contact me at this email address.

Thanks

Roni
<20181114191748.529d40c5@ncopa-desktop.copa.dup.pw>
In-Reply-To
<BD6B06F7-35E2-4CC6-BB13-AD9A89751320@gmail.com> (view parent)
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 17:01:50 +0000
Roni Colling <roni.c.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> There has been an update to the libcrypto package, now at version 1.1.  Have tried to include this in my .gitlab-ci.yml thus:
>
> apk add --no-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/ libcrypto1.1
>
> Trying to use openssl-dev package but this is including libcrypto1.0, colleague has explained this is causing a breaking change.
>
> As a result our pipeline build stage is failing with:
>
> $ apk add --no-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/ libcrypto
> fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
> fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/main/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz
> fetch http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/v3.8/community/x86_64/APKINDEX.tar.gz

Problem here is that you are mixing edge/testing with v3.8 stable,
which is not supported. It will mostly work, but once in a while we
upgrade packages or rename packages which may break stable.

> ERROR: unsatisfiable constraints:
>   libcrypto (missing):
>     required by: world[libcrypto]
>
> Can you please address and/or advise how to address the missing packages?

You can choose to use all repositories from edge or use stable only.

The upcoming v3.9 stable repository will include openssl 1.1. It will
be available within a month or so. You may want use edge til v3.9 is
available.

-nc

> My Github username is roni3103, I couldn*t see anywhere on your GitHub page to raise this as an issue.  If you need more information please contact me at this email address.
>
> Thanks
>
> Roni

---
Unsubscribe:  alpine-aports+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org