Re: [alpine-devel] Fetchmail ACF

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:18:11 +0200

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 06:04 -0700, Ted Trask wrote:
> I'm working on the ACF for fetchmail.

cool!

> I'm looking for opinions (or a consensus) on how to run fetchmail.
> Should it be run as a cron job (in which case, we'll have to decide
> how to manage cron) or as a daemon (in which case we'll have to create
> an init.d script)? Ideas? Thanks.

Looking closer, its a bug really, since there should really be an init.d
script. good catch.

I suggest we use the init.d script since its easier to handle this
service like other services. (think enable/disable, is it running? etc)

It will be included in the upcomming alpine-1.7.21 beta1 release.

Thanks!