Re: [alpine-devel] 1.7.28 issues

From: Harry Lachanas <grharry_at_freemail.gr>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 19:48:13 +0200

Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 08:34 +0200, Harry Lachanas wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I salute the 1.7.28 release and found the following little problems ...
>>
>> xtables-addons + iptables 1.4.2
>>
>> a) xtables-addons misses the ipp2p component
>>

> It is supposed to be in the modloop (the loopback device where kernel
> modules are). No kernel modules are included in apk packages.

Hi nc !! I understand now that I wasn't clear enough.

The xtables-addons module seems ok ....

It is the iptables --> libxt_ipp2p.so that is missing from /lib/xtables

( this is the lib module that iptables use to contact the
xtables-addons kernel module. )
instead the /lib/iptables/libipt_ipp2p.so is there, as if the old module
was compiled in the kernel ??.

>> b) the old ipp2p component is still compiled in the Kernel
>> but since iptables version 1.4.2 is implied it cannot be used,
>>

> are you 100% that its not the xtables-addons that is in there? looks to
> me that when you modprobe ipp2p you actually get the xtables-addons
> module. lsmod shows xt_ipp2p (new from xtables-addons) and not ipt_ipp2p
> (old ipp2p)

yes the xt_ipp2p module gets loaded ....

but if U do a
#iptables -m ipp2p -help

you get

iptables v1.4.2: Couldn't load match `ipp2p':File not found

Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

Cheers,
Harry.