Re: [alpine-devel] bridge + problems

From: Harry Lachanas <grharry_at_freemail.gr>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:01:59 +0200

Thank's Nathan ....
Thanks NC....

Daemon tools from Dr Dan Bernstein <http://cr.yp.to/djb.html>
> Natanael really likes busybox init :-) Send in a patch and I'm sure
> he'll add it though.
>
>> I know I can use inittab for this but I hate it ...
>>

>> Cheers..
>>
>> ( Thanks Nathan, NC )
>>
>> Nathan U R Greek, correct ???
>>

> Mostly the name. My father's father was greek - but I mostly take
> after my Hungarian mom... (Greeks+Hungarians... talk about hard-headed!)

Hungarian soccer used to be super ....
Greek Civilization used to be super also ...
U combine both worlds ( so u must be a civilized good soccer player ;-) )

> By the way, thanks very much for your work on muli-isp failover - its
> VERY much appreciated!

There are grounds to polish this up ....
For instance once U have 3 ISP profiders and they get about 33% of the
traffic once one goes down then one of the providers ( U decide which )
gets about 66% of the traffic....

I think in order to do this better, other ( more underground and bad )
modules have to be incorporated
random ????
ROUTE ????
fuzzy ??
nth ??

Then after that I think shorewall doesn't fit in there anymore .... ( We
better study and become experts on netfilter :-( , but we'll avoid all
the sarcasm and sadism of shorewall lists :-) )

Cheers.....