[alpine-devel] Re: [Shorewall-users] Questions about ipp2p and shorewall

From: Harry Lachanas <grharry_at_freemail.gr>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:56:32 +0200

This was published in the shorewall-users list ( by Tom ??? )
I think it might be interesting to some of us.

Cheers,
Harry.

Shorewall Guy wrote:
> anebi_at_iguanait.com wrote:
>
> c) I have been experimenting with the ipp2p module in xtables-addons 1.6
> and 1.7; my firewall won't run 5 minutes before crashing if I insert
> just a single ipp2p match rule. YMMV.

Update: xtables-addons 1.8 was released this morning and includes a
buffer underrun fix in xt_ipp2p.c. That, together with the attached
patch, are proving to be more stable on my firewall.