Re: [alpine-devel] upcomming alpine-1.7.29.1

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 12:03:02 +0100

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 10:01 +0200, Harry Lachanas wrote:
> Natanael Copa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am working on an 1.7.29.1 bugfix release.
> >

> Hi there,
>
> How about a fresh tiny howto download the correct source tree and build
> the stuff locally?
>
> The tree that I've downloaded was broken.
>
> Harry.

Well, I'm trying really hard to get rid of the gentoo build environment
and its currently only there so i can ship fixes.

It means that i want to ship alpine-1.8 "stable" and focus all the
efforts on new build tree with updated toolchain and alot simpler to set
up build env.

The new build env can so far:
* build itself from scratch
* boot (from sata/scsi cd too)

Still lacks lbu commit and stuff due to work on new apk-tools.

I'd prefer spend time on writing howto for new build env.