Re: [alpine-devel] upcomming alpine-1.7.29.1

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 13:35:19 +0100

On Mon, 2009-01-12 at 14:06 +0200, Harry Lachanas wrote:

> > It means that i want to ship alpine-1.8 "stable" and focus all the
> > efforts on new build tree with updated toolchain and alot simpler to set
> > up build env.
> >
> > The new build env can so far:
> > * build itself from scratch
> > * boot (from sata/scsi cd too)
> >
> > Still lacks lbu commit and stuff due to work on new apk-tools
>
> I presume U are trying to build something like Leaf Bering-uClibc does.

iirc they have some xml based stuff?

I'm bulding that is very simliar Arch Linux
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ABS_PKGBUILD_Explained

big difference is my scrips (APKBUILDs) works with busybox ash.

> Downloading the source collection tree, build from scratch without
> chroot needed ??

No x-compile, and alpine has a "hardened" gcc that turns on ssp and pie,
even for pacakges that does not respect CFLAGS variable. It support
natvice compile from alpine so you need an alpine chroot/vserver/virtual
machine.

I am in the middle of trying move to new apk-tools. Once i got the build
tree work more or less stable with new apk I'll seee if i can get some
documentation done.

But setting up a chroot/vserver is fairly simple.

Have a look at this script.
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/setup-buildozer-chroot

(please note that packages are built against uclibc-0.9.30 so they will
not work with the 0.9.28)

once in chroot you can:

sudo apk_add git && git clone git://dev.alpinelinux.org/aports

-nc