Re: [alpine-devel] Backup Confing from remote alpine boxes ....

From: Nathan Angelacos <nangel_at_nothome.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 07:59:23 -0500

Hi Harry,

>> Natanael is the authority on "the alpine way"... but here's one way
>> (you'll need 1.7.29 or higher, there was a bug in lbu writing to
>> stdout before that)
>>
>> ssh root_at_remotebox "lbu package -" >remotebox.apkovl.tar.gz
>>

> Thank's Nathan,
>
> I did it the opposite way,
>
> Thus,
>
> a remote server pulling and storing the config.
>
> Harry.

That's what the above does.. I can back up your box to my box with the
above command.

natebox#ssh root_at_harrybox "lbu package -" >harrybox.apkovl.tar.gz

I log into your box, run "lbu package -" on your machine, (the - writes
the lbu archive to stdout) which I then redirect to the file
harrybox.apkovl.tar.gz on my machine.

I now have a local copy of the remote machine's config.

 From your box's perspective a remote machine pulled and stored your
config.