[alpine-devel] rename the APKBUILDs

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 11:31:21 +0100

Hi,

As some of you have noticed, we are working on a new buildtree[1]. The
goal is that alpine can build itself, without help from gentoo.

I think we reached that point now, even if tons of packages needs to
ported from gentoo style build to new alpine build environment.

You might have seen patches with new "aports" for new build tree on this
list and there will come more of that.

I would like to rename the APKBUILD to soemthing with .sh extension to
get the syntax higlight from vim. APKBUILD is also kinda hard to type
fast too.

So I would like to ask everyone: Ok if i break the entire tree (again)
and rename all APKBUILD to ABUILD.sh?

Is this name ok for everyone? We coudl use small letters to: abuild.sh
but its nice when the abuild are clearly different the the rest of the
files in a dir listing.

Other ideas? thoughts?

-nc

[1] http://dev.alpinelinux.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/aports/