Re: [alpine-devel] rename the APKBUILDs

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:46:24 +0200

Natanael Copa wrote:
> You might have seen patches with new "aports" for new build tree on this
> list and there will come more of that.
>
> I would like to rename the APKBUILD to soemthing with .sh extension to
> get the syntax higlight from vim. APKBUILD is also kinda hard to type
> fast too.
>
> So I would like to ask everyone: Ok if i break the entire tree (again)
> and rename all APKBUILD to ABUILD.sh?
>
> Is this name ok for everyone? We coudl use small letters to: abuild.sh
> but its nice when the abuild are clearly different the the rest of the
> files in a dir listing.

It is not a shell script to be ran as-is, instead it's something used
by abuild, so I'd rather not have it .sh extension. Otherwise it's
confusing.

How about adding #! line at start, usually editors recognize those
and can give syntax highlighting with those. Or add an editor specific
configuration option to auto highlight files that are named APKBUILD.

I'm not all against renaming them. But syntax highlighting is not a
good reason for that, IMHO.

- Timo