[alpine-devel] apk list repository contents

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0903051937ufdb5c73iccab9fb5cc7b12f9@mail.gmail.com>
Hello,

Here's a patch, if interested, for the new apk to allow listing the contents
of the repositories.

"apk list -o" or "apk -v list -o"

Thanks,
Cameron
Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<49B0BE82.40305@iki.fi>
In-Reply-To
<531b02ea0903051937ufdb5c73iccab9fb5cc7b12f9@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Cameron Banta wrote:
> Here's a patch, if interested, for the new apk to allow listing the contents
> of the repositories.
>
> "apk list -o" or "apk -v list -o"

Thanks.

We might want the output format to be a bit different, but not sure yet.
So applied as is.

- Timo

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0903060953h5178781em80931866db85f7cc@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1236351952.1916.346.camel@nc> (view parent)
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 08:11 +0200, Timo Teräs wrote:
> > Cameron Banta wrote:
> > > Here's a patch, if interested, for the new apk to allow listing the
> contents
> > > of the repositories.
> > >
> > > "apk list -o" or "apk -v list -o"
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > We might want the output format to be a bit different, but not sure yet.
> > So applied as is.

What kind of output would you like?

> > - Timo
>
> I wonder if we might want have this in a separate applet. ie. 'apk info'
> is for querying installed packages and maybe 'apk search' for whats in
> repository.
>
> apk search without options could list all packages in repositories. then
> we could search based on comment, match pkgname, dependencies etc.
>
> I'm just throwing out some ideas...
>
> -nc

That's a good idea. I'll can start working up a search applet, if you want.

-Cameron
<49B0BE82.40305@iki.fi> (view parent)
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 08:11 +0200, Timo Teräs wrote:
> Cameron Banta wrote:
> > Here's a patch, if interested, for the new apk to allow listing the contents
> > of the repositories.
> >
> > "apk list -o" or "apk -v list -o"
>
> Thanks.
>
> We might want the output format to be a bit different, but not sure yet.
> So applied as is.
>
> - Timo

I wonder if we might want have this in a separate applet. ie. 'apk info'
is for querying installed packages and maybe 'apk search' for whats in
repository.

apk search without options could list all packages in repositories. then
we could search based on comment, match pkgname, dependencies etc.

I'm just throwing out some ideas...

-nc

> ---
> Unsubscribe:  alpine-devel+unsubscribe@lists.alpinelinux.org
> Help:         alpine-devel+help@lists.alpinelinux.org
> ---

<1236363462.7674.2.camel@ncopa-laptop>
In-Reply-To
<531b02ea0903060953h5178781em80931866db85f7cc@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:53 -0600, Cameron Banta wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Natanael Copa
>
>         I wonder if we might want have this in a separate applet. ie.
>         'apk info'
>         is for querying installed packages and maybe 'apk search' for
>         whats in
>         repository.
>
>         apk search without options could list all packages in
>         repositories. then
>         we could search based on comment, match pkgname, dependencies
>         etc.
>
>         I'm just throwing out some ideas...
>
>         -nc
>
> That's a good idea. I'll can start working up a search applet, if you
> want.

I think that would be very nice. Its different from what we have in
apk-tools-0.15 (its nice to be somewhat compatible) but on the other
hand, we had alot less info in the index then so it didnt make any sense
at that time.

I say go for apk search.

> -Cameron

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0903061741u7379435dh5bc25ca76604cd0f@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1236363462.7674.2.camel@ncopa-laptop> (view parent)
On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think that would be very nice. Its different from what we have in
> apk-tools-0.15 (its nice to be somewhat compatible) but on the other
> hand, we had alot less info in the index then so it didnt make any sense
> at that time.
>
> I say go for apk search.

Done. Please review and commit.

-Cameron
Timo Teräs <timo.teras@iki.fi>
<49B23FED.1000403@iki.fi>
In-Reply-To
<531b02ea0903061741u7379435dh5bc25ca76604cd0f@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
Cameron Banta wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I think that would be very nice. Its different from what we have in
>> apk-tools-0.15 (its nice to be somewhat compatible) but on the other
>> hand, we had alot less info in the index then so it didnt make any sense
>> at that time.
>>
>> I say go for apk search.
>>

> Done. Please review and commit.

Fixed From, and applied with --whitespace=fix (there was some whitespace
issues).

Thanks!

As side note, we might want to use fnmatch() instead of strstr() or similar.

- Timo