Re: [alpine-devel] Ipset lost after rollback ....

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:35:56 +0100

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 09:42 +0200, Harry Lachanas wrote:
> I've just found out that ipset support ( which unfortunately was
> included in xtables-addons ) was removed since,
> 1.7.29.1.

xtables-addons was removed due to the ipp2p module not working at all.
So it looks like i forgot to add the ipset package afterwards.

sorry. my mistake.

> Is there any way around this problem ???
>
> I found ipset most useful after having it there for 2-3 months.

I think the longtime soultion is to make xtables-addons work properly.
Right now I'm focusing on the 1.9 series which has a new (much lighter)
build environment and new apk-tools (written in C)

Looks like have come out with an 1.9 release. I'll try build it for
alpine-1.9.0_alpha2 and test if the ipp2p is working.

Thanks!