[alpine-devel] testing/pgcluster

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0905301713y69c72103u1a2910bc8926475f@mail.gmail.com>
Please review and commit.

-Cameron
<1243836727.9894.95.camel@nc>
In-Reply-To
<531b02ea0905301713y69c72103u1a2910bc8926475f@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 19:13 -0500, Cameron Banta wrote:
> Please review and commit.

This looks like a fork of postgresql, with its own libraries
(libpgcluster) that conflicts with postgresql. However, looks like this
APKBUILD uses the origial postgresql libpq libraries reather than the
libs thats build in this package (libpgcluster). Is that intentional?

Did you try install the package and test that it runs?

-nc

> -Cameron

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0906010740p50cf598ckf848a99b72f5dfbf@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1243836727.9894.95.camel@nc> (view parent)
Hi Natanael,

That is correct. It is a fork (actually just a large patch) to postgresql.
There really isn't a way to have them both installed at the same time.
That's why I've just stuck it in testing for now. Do we have any kind of
conflict idea for APKBUILD?

As far as libpq, I did do that intentionally, but I'm now realizing that
that was a mistake. All the binaries execute - but I haven't got the
replication working yet. I will change the package and send you a new patch.

-Cameron

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, 2009-05-30 at 19:13 -0500, Cameron Banta wrote:
> > Please review and commit.
>
> This looks like a fork of postgresql, with its own libraries
> (libpgcluster) that conflicts with postgresql. However, looks like this
> APKBUILD uses the origial postgresql libpq libraries reather than the
> libs thats build in this package (libpgcluster). Is that intentional?
>
> Did you try install the package and test that it runs?
>
> -nc
>

> > -Cameron

Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com>
<531b02ea0906010824w4a3d882od1b55835da7515dd@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<531b02ea0906010740p50cf598ckf848a99b72f5dfbf@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Cameron Banta <cbanta@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This looks like a fork of postgresql, with its own libraries
>>> (libpgcluster) that conflicts with postgresql. However, looks like this
>>> APKBUILD uses the origial postgresql libpq libraries reather than the
>>> libs thats build in this package (libpgcluster). Is that intentional?
>>>

> As far as libpq, I did do that intentionally, but I'm now realizing that
> that was a mistake. All the binaries execute - but I haven't got the
> replication working yet. I will change the package and send you a new patch.

I've attached a patch that uses the libpq library from pgcluster.

-Cameron
Reply to thread Export thread (mbox)