Re: [alpine-devel] lbu diff

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:29:56 +0100

On Wed, 2009-02-25 at 17:18 +0100, Mika Havela wrote:
> Has a 'lbu diff' ever been thought of and could such feature be added
> to alpine 1.9?
> 'lbu st' is good and gives a good picture on what has been changed,
> but a feature that gives information on how it's been changed (a diff)
> would be really nice.
> I know there is many important things in the 1.9.x pipeline, but I
> just wanted to mention my wish.

yes. I suspect we will have an 'lbu diff' before 'lbu status'.

> I appreciate all your efforts on making alpine-linux even better than
> it is today (even if it's hard to imagine that it could be even better
> than it already is ;-)

you too!

If you feel you would like to take a look on it the idea is that lbu
will find the apkovl on the media, untar it in a temp dir, create a new
temp tar thats also extracted to a temp dir and then just run diff -ru

something like:

# unpack current committed apkovl to $tmp/a
tar -C $tmp/a -zxf $path_to_mounted_media_with_apkovl

# copy the current files to $tmp/b
lbu package - | tar -C $tmp/b -zx

# run a diff
cd $tmp
diff -ru a b

Then i think we will need to use that output or those temp dirs for the
'lbu status' too.

care to take a look on it?

Thanks!