Re: [alpine-devel] Notes on fetch-crl apk

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:29:43 +0100

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 16:45 -0500, Nathan Angelacos wrote:
> These notes are for the fetch-crl-2.7.0-r0.apk from dev.a.o/~ncopa/alpine
>

> If you just want the "what needs to be fixed" bit, skip to the bottom.

> -----------------------
> Things that need fixing
> -----------------------
>

> If we want to use busybox wget, either: bb wget should support (or ignore) -t -T and -N; or fetch-crl should not use -N , -t -T when the config entries for WGET_RETRIES and WGET_TIMEOUT are set to "nil" (not 0)
>

> the fetch-crl conf file for alpinelinux should be in /etc/fetch-crl/fetch-crl, and not /etc/conf.d/fetch-crl
>

> Other than that, it works well!

I added a patch that

* only add -t if WGET_RETRIES is set
* only add -T if WGET_TIMEOUT is set
* only add -N if WGET_TIMESTAMPING is set and is not equal "no". This is
a new an undocumented "feature".

Also moved the config file to /etc/fetch-crl/ as requested.

I have an apk that is scheduled for 1.8.1 here:
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/fetch-crl-2.7.0.apk

and for 1.9.x here:
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/fetch-crl-2.7.0-r1.apk
http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/alpine/fetch-crl-doc-2.7.0-r1.apk

since there are 2 differnt build environments both would need to be
tested. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks alot!

btw... im not sure if we maybe should just let the script be unpacthed
and just add GNU wget as a depend. what do you think?