Re: [alpine-devel] extra/fetchmail

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:49:47 +0100

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 22:35 +0000, Michael Mason wrote:
> Please review and commit.

Nice!

You need openssl-dev in makedepends (or evt remove openssl from
depends). If openssl-dev is not installed it will build it wihtout ssl
support. If that what we want, then should not openssl be in depends
either.

Generally, if you have a library "foo" linked in, you need "foo" in
depends and "foo-dev" in makedepends. Only exception is uclibc-dev which
will automatically be added to makedepends (togehter with gcc, make,
binutils and friends)

Also, the fetchmailconf binary depends on python. I made a subpackage
called fetchmailconf which depends on python. (seems like it halves the
size of fetchmail pkg too so this is good)

Thanks!