Re: [alpine-devel] Shorewall shell - EOL announcement

From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:31:28 +0100

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Harry Lachanas <grharry_at_freemail.gr> wrote:

> I quote from the shorewall list
> " Shorewall 4.4, which will be released late this year, will no longer
> include Shorewall-shell. There will be just four packages included in
> Shorewall 4.4:

I saw. I expressed a wish for shorewall-lua which Tom was not interested in.

So, we can either try make shorewall-perl run with miniperl (which is
available in 1.9 branch already) or start look for alternatives.

My personal take on it is that if we will depend on perl anyway, we migh
want have a look at ferm instead.