So, we come to bugtracking.
Timo and Nathan and me wants to try mantis. Carlo wants redmine and have
already started set up one.
Things I fear/dont like with redmine:
* It does it all. I want use cgit for the git repositories. probalby we
want mediawiki (or docuwiki) for documentation.
* Its ruby on rails. A language I'm not familiar with. I fear its slow
Things that I think might be possitive:
* once its set up we dont need to look for a wiki for official site. so
it seems to do the job for us.
* active development
* Carlo have already a demo running. noone have managed to set up mantis
* good email integration? havent looked to close to it though.
Maybe we can turn off things like timekeeping etc to make it simpler?
I suggest we turn off all features and enable things when we need/want
them. Better to have few used features than tons of unused ones.
Carlo, would you like to take the lead for bugtracker? You are already
doing a very good job.
Received on Fri Mar 06 2009 - 12:01:31 UTC