Re: [alpine-devel] Alpine Linux infrastructure: communication

From: Timo Teräs <timo.teras_at_iki.fi>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 10:55:02 +0200

Nathan Angelacos wrote:
> So, I guess I'm interested in knowing... what are the features that you
> view are necessary for the mail archives? (besides the obvious we don't
> lose any more...)

I think threading and monthly indexes are pretty important. Searching is
nice but not must.

Many projects have just threaded indexes. Sometimes the searchable
archives are hosted somewhere else. Or maybe just outsource hosting
to google? Let it index the mail archives and make a search box google
search that limits the search to our site.

Generally I'm pretty ok with Pipermail. E.g. see busybox or asterisk
archives. But if someone needs searching then it's not enough.

- Timo