[alpine-devel] info about unpack for building

<d912327e0911150338n5cba9b1dld5f02ac288bf6149@mail.gmail.com>
Hi all.

When abuild a package, the function "build" into APKBUILD is executed.

I need to make a change into a Makefile:

sed -e "s/cat -v/cat/g" -i $srcdir/admin/$pkgname-$pkgver/compile/Makefile

when abuild start, i got a error that "Makefile: no such directory".
I suppose that the package is not unpacked..but when this happen?
Where is the best location to insert this entry?
Is better make a patch file?

This is an extract of APKBUILD:

build() {
        cd "$srcdir"/admin/$pkgname-$pkgver/
        sed -e "s/cat -v/cat/g" -i
$srcdir/admin/$pkgname-$pkgver/compile/Makefile
        ./package/compile || return 1
}

PS: the path is correct, and i've tried absolute path too with sed,
without variables.

Any hints?

Thx.

:: Francesco Colista ::

<1258366493.11544.172.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
In-Reply-To
<d912327e0911150338n5cba9b1dld5f02ac288bf6149@mail.gmail.com> (view parent)
On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 12:38 +0100, Francesco wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> When abuild a package, the function "build" into APKBUILD is executed.
>
> I need to make a change into a Makefile:
>
> sed -e "s/cat -v/cat/g" -i $srcdir/admin/$pkgname-$pkgver/compile/Makefile
>
> when abuild start, i got a error that "Makefile: no such directory".
> I suppose that the package is not unpacked..but when this happen?

It shoudl be unpacked at this stage.

> Where is the best location to insert this entry?
> Is better make a patch file?

Sed is good in that it often works without rebasing patches.

> This is an extract of APKBUILD:
>
> build() {
>         cd "$srcdir"/admin/$pkgname-$pkgver/
>         sed -e "s/cat -v/cat/g" -i
> $srcdir/admin/$pkgname-$pkgver/compile/Makefile
>         ./package/compile || return 1
> }
>

> PS: the path is correct, and i've tried absolute path too with sed,
> without variables.
>
> Any hints?

With autotools the Makefile is generated, and thus, it does not exist
til after ./configure is run. Maybe the Makefile here is generated too?