[alpine-devel] Wireless

Nicolas Schmerber <nicolas@the-tropics.fr>
<1696566718.371259356033748.JavaMail.root@mail>
Hi ,

I just reinstalled a 1.9 alpine linux on a alix board . Works perfectly . But only the wifi config stuff is missing
Where are all the wonderful packages for making a wifi access point with emebbeded hardware (soekris , alix and more ? )

Or maybe I didn't find it in the docs .

Can someone make me see the light ?

Thanks in advance

Nicolas
<95408c820911271342y2217bb5bn9a4cb1ce1d8e142e@mail.gmail.com>
In-Reply-To
<1696566718.371259356033748.JavaMail.root@mail> (view parent)
On 11/27/09, Nicolas Schmerber <nicolas@the-tropics.fr> wrote:
> Hi ,

Hi Nicolas,

> I just reinstalled a 1.9 alpine linux on a alix board . Works perfectly .

Great!

> But only the wifi config stuff is missing
> Where are all the wonderful packages for making a wifi access point with
> emebbeded hardware (soekris , alix and more ? )

I think you are the first to ask for them. (well i think there was
someone else asking for hostapd but we didnt have his wifi drivers at
that point)

> Or maybe I didn't find it in the docs .
>
> Can someone make me see the light ?

You could file a package request on http://bugs.alpinelinux.org with a
package description and url to source package. Or at least tell what
specific packages you are interested in. .. and help us test it after.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Nicolas

Thanks!

--
Natanael Copa

<1259588825.802.399.camel@ncopa-desktop.nor.wtbts.net>
On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 21:07 +0000, Nicolas Schmerber wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I just reinstalled a 1.9 alpine linux on a alix board . Works
> perfectly .  But only the wifi config stuff is missing
> Where are all the wonderful packages for making a wifi access point
> with emebbeded hardware (soekris , alix and more ? )
>
> Or maybe I didn't find it in the docs  .
>
> Can someone make me see the light ?

I have looked over the wpa_supplicant and wireless-tools in testing and
created a hostapd package.

Please tell us if its working, what needs to be fixed or error messages.

You need to add edge/packages/testing and possibly edge/packages/x11
repositories.

Thanks!